We do NOT use recruitment agencies. Any agency that sends us unsolicited resumes or CVs will be ignored. We refuse to accept any unsolicited terms and conditions. If, in spite of this, an agency sends us unsolicited CVs, then we reserve the right to pursue such candidates of interest to us by any route we wish, other than through the agency, and will not accept any obligation to pay any fees.
We are a fast-growing technology company in the clean tech sector. Our disruptive lithium battery management technology will set the standard for future lithium batteries for electric vehicles, industrial and stationary energy storage systems.
2016 was a fantastic year for Dukosi. Already 2017 has proved to be even better: we have showcased at The Battery Show Europe, partnered with Swindon Silicon Systems to develop and produce our ASIC, further developed relationships with industry players in America and Asia, and have expanded our team even further.
Whilst we have increased in numbers we have retained a very good team culture and working environment that we are keen to maintain as the company grows.
Currently, we reside at The Edinburgh Technopole, 3 miles south of the Edinburgh City By-pass. However due to our expanding needs, we will be relocating in Autumn 2017. It is proposed we will be moving to Heriot-Watt Research Park.
Our company benefits include automatic pension enrolment, working flexibility, career development and much more!
If you are up for a new challenge, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Engineering Sales Manager (Full-time)
Summary of Functions
- Lead sales presentations and help assess customers technical requirements and business needs.
- Assess the technical feasibility of the customers’ requirements and guide them appropriately.
- Explain the benefits and features of Dukosi’s products to prospects and customers.
- Communicate customer feedback to the engineer team to improve products and align them with customer expectations.
- Prepare proposal documents to allow customers to further engage with Dukosi for proof of concept projects.
- Contribute to the marketing and branding efforts of the company and support attendance at trade shows.
- Continually review the value proposition as it applies to different customers and market sectors.
- Hold strong technical knowledge coupled with commercial experience are essential.
- Stay abreast of current industry trends in BMS and battery technologies.
- Support the Commercial Director in generating new leads and customer prospects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility 1: Managing and interpreting customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs, both technically and commercially.
- Responsibility 2: Demonstrate to prospects and customers that Dukosi’s product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of functionality, quality, price and delivery.
- Responsibility 3: Providing pre-sales technical assistance, product education to external and internal customers, supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Responsibility 4: Developing and grow long-term relationships with customers. Proving timely and accurate reports of customer meetings.
- Responsibility 5: Provide forecasts of market opportunities for various sectors to maximise company value.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Meeting target for customer engagement leading on to sales targets once the product is available.
2. Recording and maintaining client contact data.
3. Coordinating sales projects on target and to agree budget.
Required Competencies, Skills and Education
Essential Skills: Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, preferable electronics, mechatronics, engineering science or electrochemistry. Excellent oral and technical writing skills are required. Candidates should work well with people and be comfortable speaking to small and large audiences.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFI’s RFQ’s, and when submitting reports. Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel in UK, Europe and potentially Far East and USA.
- Sales education and work experience that teaches standard business practices and procedures is desirable.
- Previous experience of lithium cells or batteries would be a distinct advance.
- Candidates with knowledge of the power distribution network or large-scale energy storage projects would be desirable.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Click here to apply!